INDIA. New Delhi: The Delhi government today announced that the schools in Delhi will reopen for class 10th, 12th from 18 January 2021 in view of upcoming board examinations.
Schools in Delhi have been shut since March last year to prevent the spread of the COVID-19. While several states had partially reopened schools after October, this will be the first time in 10 months that students in the national capital will return to their campuses. Students have been attending classes online
“In view of CBSE board examinations and practicals in Delhi, permission is being given to open schools for practical, project, counseling, etc. for 10th and 12th classes from January 18 but only with the consent of parents. Children will not be forced to come,” Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said.
“In order to conduct the activities pertaining to pre-board preparations and practical work, aided and unaided recognised schools may call the students of classes 10 and 12. 2021,” the Directorate of Education (DoE) said in a circular issued on Wednesday, 13 January 2021.
According to the circular, only schools outside containment zones will be allowed to reopen and students, teachers, and staff living in these zones will not be allowed to attend. The schools have been asked not to hold any assembly and physical outdoor activities, the statement added. The principals have been asked to guide children not to share books, copies, and stationery items.
The circular also said that the pre-board exams of Class 12 will be conducted between March 3 and April 15 and for Class 10, they will be held between April 1 and April 15. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has already announced the timeline of practical and written examinations. The practical examinations will begin from March 1 and the written exams will be conducted between May 3 and June 10. The results of the board exams will be announced by July 15, Union Minister of Education Ramesh Pokhriyal ”Nishank” announced on December 31 last year.
Various Health & Safety Guidelines issued by DoE for attending schools
- No symptomatic child/staff to be allowed on the school campus.
- Mandatory Thermal Screening at School Entry Gate.
- Compulsory hand sanitization at the entrance of the school, Class Room, Labs, and Public Utility, etc.
- Head of school to ensure thorough sanitization of the school premises and ensure availability of key supplies like thermal screeners, disinfectant, soap, mask, etc.
- Head of school to plan specific Time Table for the above listed academic activities as per capacity/ occupancy limit of the classroom/Labs (not more than 12-15 students).
- Head of school to ensure the bubbling effect i.e. only the same group common members are repeated.
- School timings are to be staggered (with a gap of at least 15 minutes) to avoid crowding at the school’s main entrance/exit gate. Head of school to make a plan and get the same approved by DDE (Zone).
- There should be a gap of at least 01 hours between the last group exit of the last group of Morning shift and entry of the first group of Evening shift in double shifted schools.
- Head of school to ensure availability of a Quarantine Room in the school in case of emergency.
- All members of the school must wear a mask in the proper way. Provision of availability of spare masks for emergencies.
- It is advised that everyone does their best to maintain a safe physical distance of 6 feet or more in all settings.
- Routine guest visits should be discouraged. However, during an emergency, a parent’s visit with proper COVID Appropriate Behavior (CAB) protocol may be permitted.
- Congregating in common areas of the school campus must be prohibited.
- Posters/standees on preventive measures about COVID – l9 to be displayed prominently. Displaying posters/ messages at all prominent places like classrooms, washrooms, parking, entry, and exit, etc. to ensure COVID Appropriate Behavior (CAB) like physical distancing and mask guidelines, etc.
- Earmarking different lanes for coming and going.