NEPAL: For an avid adventure lover, Mt Everest is a religious name. Everyone dreams to come to the Himalayas in Nepal and try his hands out to climb Mt Everest. Well, if not climb, at least go very close to the mountain and have a look at this magnificent mountain. And Everest Base camp trek is one such option. For a true adventurer, the Everest base camp trek gives you a chance to get the best views of the Himalayas and also experience the local culture and traditions.
Mt. Everest, the jewel of the Himalayas, is the tallest mountain at 8849m or 29,032 feet in the world. It’s the ultimate and one of the most challenging destinations for hikers and adventurers from all over the world. For a photographer, it’s like a gold mine with ample opportunities to click images of breathtaking views of cliffs, towering glaciers, and forested hills. The cooler and crispier air at higher altitudes gives you unobstructed views of the lush, green forests.
The beautiful and serene mountain villages, the friendly people, and the breathtaking view of the mountain make this trip a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. There is much to see along the way like gleaming clear pools of water, and suspension bridges.
EBC provides you the opportunity to follow the footsteps of Sir Edmund Hillary and Tensing Norgay that they left in 1953. You will be amazed by the view that simply takes your breath away.
Indulging with local and local cultures
EBC offers the chance to meet the local Sherpa people and learn about their rich cultural heritage as the route follows the local trails used by the Sherpas living in various regions such as Lukla, Phakding, Monjo, Pheriche, Namche Bazaar, Thame, Thyangboche, Phortse, etc. The treks pass through historic and beautiful Sagarmatha National Park, ancient Monasteries, forests, rocky terrains, glaciers, and others, giving you a chance to visit various ancient monasteries and Chorten on the trail.
The trek passes through amazing mountain valleys and ridges. Along the route, you can see lush jungles of Rhododendrons during summers. If you come in the spring months, the experience can be magical. All along the trek, you will come across native wildlife, flowers blooming and smiling faces. Various springs and waterfalls add to the beauty.
EBC takes you into the heart of the world’s highest Mt. Everest Base Camp at 5364m or 17590 feet. The views of Khumbu Ice Falls and other glaciers are incredible. The beauty is further enhanced by majestic views of towering mountains and uncountable vistas of astounding snowy peaks like Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Kangtenga, Thamserku, Kwangde, and Kusum Kanguru, etc.
Best Time for Everest Base Camp Trek
You can go for EBC all the year-round, but the autumn season (September – November) and spring (March-May) are the best time for the Everest Base Camp trek. During these times, the weather remains stable for long. Visibility is great during these times and also there are lower risks of drastic variations in weather.
Difficulty of EBC Trek
Everest region is tricky. EBC is a high-altitude trek and is full of straight ascends. The trails are not even and will take a great toll on your physique. There are full chances of getting high altitude sickness. You should stay with your guide and walk slowly maintaining your own pace and keep resting to get proper acclimatisation.
EBC is a long trek, almost 62 kilometers one side from Lukla, and involves trekking for 8 to 9 hours a day. The trail is uneven and unpaved and includes many ups and downs, so you will be walking a rough path all the way. On average, you gain an altitude of about 500-600m every day as you walk for an average time of 5-6 hours every day.
Everest Base Camp Trek Highlights
- EBC trek is like traveling back in time, you get to understand Sherpas’ faith in Buddhism, experiencing traditional trade practices at Namche Bazaar, visit the Sagarmatha National Park, the mightiest viewpoint of Kala Patthar, and of course visit the Everest Base Camp itself.
- Surrounded by 4 out of the 6 highest peaks of the world, Everest Base Camp Trek is an excellent choice for those looking to enjoy the serenity of nature to its fullest.
- Be on a short and exciting Mountain Flight to and from the Lukla Airport.
- Visit the highest hotel in the world, the Hotel Everest View at an altitude of 3,962 meters. It’s a great sightseeing opportunity which comes to you only once in a lifetime. The hotel is located within the Sagarmatha National Park and offers incredible views of Everest from the guest rooms.
- Tengboche is the spiritual center of the Khumbu (Tengboche Monastery). It is the oldest monastery in the region with a collection of religious art and offers a look at the Buddhist culture in Nepal. This area is a photographer’s paradise. The majesty of the Himalayas as a backdrop for the monastery is truly a sight to see.
- Variety of wildlife living in the area such as the red panda, snow leopard, and Himalayan black bear. The park is an animal reserve for endangered animals.
Read Also: Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
For a real time adventure of your life, head to Kathmandu, Nepal and venture out in the mountains. If you need to hire locals for your trek, connect with Hiking Adventure Treks Pvt. Ltd., Kathmandu who are the most popular and trusted travel agency for mountain trekking and excursions in the locales of Nepal.