INDIA. Mumbai: The Tourism Department of The Embassy of Spain in India recently organised an E-Press Meet for the Indian market on 20th April 2021. Speaking on the lines of the E-Press Meet to promote destination Spain, Ms. Elisa Robles Fraga, Director – Tourism Office of Spain in Mumbai, India during the virtual press meet with media on 20th April 2021 made a presentation of the relevant aspects that Spain has to offer to its potential tourists/visitors with top 10 reasons to travel to Spain once borders open up. Also that Spain is actively working to be prepared for the future opening of post-pandemic borders: protocols and guidelines on health and safety aspects, website on information on all measures for visitors (Travel Safe); and the recent launching of the website “Reactivatur” to facilitate aid to the Spanish tourism sector, as well as the preparation of a Sustainable Tourism Strategy, 2020-2030.
Read Also: Spain – Exploring Incredible Cities
With endless cultural festivals, beautiful beaches, and amazing nightlife, Spain is awe-inspiring round the year. From Madrid to Barcelona to Seville to Valencia, Spain is such a vibrant country with a kick of life. The climate is the most reliable with over 300 sunny days per year. The versatile landscapes can pass as many locations in less than two hours, you can go from snow-capped mountains to sunny beaches, from deserts to mountainous landscapes, from XXI to XV century.
Commenting on the occasion Ms Fraga further said, “Spain is among the top three worldwide destinations for tourist arrivals, in the year 2019 Spain received 83 million visitors, and from India, we had 210,000 travellers. As we all know, the year 2020 was a challenging year for all destinations, however, we are confident that post-pandemic, we will regain the lost ground. We are initiating a Sustainable Tourism Strategy and also alongside currently in the process of undertaking various promotional steps, including social media initiatives, trade activations, and various other promotions so that once international travel reignites, we are once again ready to welcome.
While we can’t travel now, but we can still keep in mind the top 10 reasons why Spain should be at the top of your Bucket List as and when travel re-initiates from India.
- The Cuisine of Spain is amazingly varied. The quality, creativity, and above all, flavour of Spain’s cuisine has earned it international fame and it is now one of the country’s main tourist attractions.
- Culture and Heritage in Spain: Spain is the country with the third-largest number of UNESCO World Heritage sites in the world. Spain has a uniquely spectacular wealth of monuments, with more than 15,600 monuments, archaeological sites, gardens, and historical complexes that have been declared Properties of Cultural Interest (BIC).
- The History is extraordinarily valuable and remains from the different civilisations, cultures, and historical eras that evolved on Spanish territory. There is a variety of phenomena with profound historical roots and its diversity that made Spain emerge as a unified state in modern European history.
- With Fascinating Nature and Landscapes, Spain epitomises natural diversity and has more UNESCO Biosphere Reserves than any other country in the world. You can find mountains, forests and valleys; as well as volcanoes, dunes, and desert areas, marshlands, lakes, cliffs, waterfalls, canyons…Unique and valuable nature that needs and to be looked after.
- One of the best moments of any trip is taking time to plan the destinations, what to see, and of course, where to sleep. Spain has accommodations to suit every budget. Pick between luxury hotels, rural houses, unique accommodation, serviced flats, tourist apartments, hostels, and camping sites.
- Long opening hours, large pedestrianised shopping areas, international brands, local designers, exclusive showrooms, personalised services, original shops and charming artisan products. Spain is the place for avid shoppers!
- If you are passionate about sports, you will simply love Spain. Of course, Football, one of the most striking and important sport in the country, but just imagine, thousands of miles of hiking routes and bicycle tracks, perfect beaches for surfing and diving, horse riding routes along the coastline.
- Spain ranks 7th worldwide in infrastructures with the largest state-of-the-art network of air, sea & land infrastructures by the Global Competitiveness Report (World Economic Forum); along with the 2019 DESI report (Digital Economy and Society Index) which ranks Spain eighth among countries best prepared for 5G technology deployment.
- With sufficient guarantee measures in place, Spain has 21 specific tourism protocol guides for different types of businesses with technical and health recommendations for safety.
- Spain is a country with a growing level of awareness towards environmental protection. The country maintains an active attitude towards global environmental protection, subscribing to numerous agreements for the global protection of nature and protocols to combat climate change and pollution. Spain aims for a Long-Term Sustainable Tourism Strategy by the year 2030.
For more Information, visit : Travel to Spain