INDIA: Who doesn’t love chocolates, the Food of the Gods. The name, food of gods comes from the raw material of this popular food, the fruit of the Theobroma cocoa that means food of the gods in Greek. The name, chocolate is believed to have been derived from the Spanish word xocolatl.
It is the most popular confectionery all over the world. There are a lot of food products using chocolate – desserts, cakes, pudding, mousse, brownies, chip cookies, filled with or coated candies, etc. Hot and cold beverages, such as choco-milk and hot chocolate, and some alcoholic drinks too are anytime and everyone’s favourites.
Bars, and molded chocolate of different shapes (such as eggs, hearts, and coins) make excellent gifts. It’s a tool to win back your angry beloved and is the best gift to make new friends. The list is endless.
The most popular food is broadly classified into three categories:
- Dark chocolate made with choco liquor, cocoa butter, lecithin, sugar, and vanilla.
- Milk chocolate is the first category with added milk fats and milk solids.
- White chocolate is simply the milk category sans choco liquor.
It is a popular food enjoyed by millions for its unique, rich, and sweet taste, and along with its awesome taste, it also provides significant health benefits.
It contains over 300 chemicals, and the positive health benefits are:
- Cocoa, the main constituent, has excellent antibacterial properties that fight tooth decay.
- It is a mood elevator.
- A cup of hot chocolate is a great appetiser.
- It enhances the life cycle.
- It increases antioxidant levels in the blood.
- It is good for patients with bronchitis.
- Very Nutritious.
- Improves Blood Flow and Lower Blood Pressure.
- Reduces Heart Disease Risk.
- Protect Skin From the Sun.