INDIA. Mumbai: On Saturday afternoon in North East Mumbai, a fire broke out in the Juno’s Pizza restaurant that was located close to the Parakh Hospital in Ghatkopar East. The incident resulted in the death of one individual and the injury of two others.
Fire broke out in Mumbai Juno’s Pizza restaurant
December 17, 2022, Saturday witnessed a tragic incident. Fire broke out at the Mumbai based pizza restaurant that affected 3 individuals. Among the affected person 1 was declared dead and the remaining 2 were injured due to the incident.
The adjacent Rajawadi Hospital received three injured patients shortly after the incident. According to officials from the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), a man named Qurshi Dedhia, who was 46 years old, was among those who were hurt but was confirmed dead before being admitted.
Two others- Taniya Kamble (18), who suffered 18% to 20% burns, and Kulsum Shaikh (20), who got suffocated in the fire, are undergoing treatment, the chief medical officer of the Rajawadi Hospital said.
A Mumbai Fire Brigade officer stated that after the level 1 fire was first reported at around 2 pm, eight fire tenders and ambulances were dispatched to the scene to put it out.
According to the official, the fire started at the Juno’s Pizza Hotel’s electric metre room, which is located on the first floor of the six-story Vishwas condominium close to the Parakh hospital.
22 patients who had been hospitalised at Parakh Facility and complained of breathing problems were transferred to another hospital.
The incident comes two days after a fire broke out in a flat on the 22nd floor of “One Avighna Park” building in the Curry Road area in central Mumbai. Two fire brigade personnel suffered minor injuries while extinguishing that blaze.