INDIA: The most prestigious award in Indian Cinema, Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Award 2023, was announced on Monday (February 20). The award ceremony is named after Dadasaheb Govind Phalke, who is also known as the father of the Indian Film Industry.
The legendary filmmaker’s contribution to Indian cinema is recognized with this prize, which was established by the Indian government.
Now, after getting quick info on the importance and significance of the award, let’s delve deeper into the winners’ list. Vivek Agnihotri’s The Kashmir Files, Rishab Shetty’s Kantara, SS Rajamouli’s RRR, and many popular film and tv series bagged the prestigious award.
The Kashmir Files bags 2 prestigious awards
The Kashmir Files won the Best Film of the Year title at Dadasaheb Phalke Awards 2023. Vivek Agnihotri announced the news on Twitter. The filmmaker tweeted, “ANNOUNCEMENT: #TheKashmirFiles wins the ‘Best Film’ award at #DadaSahebPhalkeAwards2023. “This award is dedicated to all the victims of terrorism and to all the people of India for your blessings.”
Vivek Agnihotri’s film earlier was also the official contender from India for Academy Awards 2023, but sadly the movie didn’t make it to the final nominations. The movie was selected for Seattle Film Festival 2022, Indian Panorama 2022, Awareness Festival 2022, and Swiss International Film Festival.
The success of The Kashmir Files didn’t stop at this. Anupam Kher, who played the character of Pushkar Nath Pandit, bagged many praises for his performance, leading him to win the Most Versatile Actor of the Year award at Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Award 2023.
Given the two prestigious awards in The Kashmir Files’ repertoire, it doubles the film’s critical acclamation. Besides the critical success, the movie on the commercial level also performed phenomenally.
Dadasaheb Phalke Award 2023 complete winners list
Best Actor and Actress
- Ranbir Kapoor (Brahmastra: Part 1-Shiva)
- Alia Bhatt (Gangubai Kathiawadi)
Best Film and Director
- The Kashmir Files
- R Balki (Chup: Revenge of the Artist)
Film of the Year
SS Rajamouli’s RRR bagged the Film of the Year award. The Telugu film recently bagged Golden Globe for its song Naatu Naatu in the Best Music and Score category, and it is also nominated for the 95th Academy Awards. Besides Golden Globes, the epic actioner feature also won numerous international awards.
Winners in prominent categories
- Rishab Shetty-Most Promising Actor (Kantara)
- Anupam Kher-Most Versatile Actor of the Year (The Kashmir Files)
- Dulquer Salmaan-Best Actor in Negative Role (Chup: Revenge of the Artist)
- Manish Paul-Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Jugjugg Jeeyo)
- Varun Dhawan-Critics Best Actor (Bhediya)
- Rekha-Outstanding Contribution in the Film Industry
- PS Vinod-Best Cinematographer (Vikram Vedha)
Winners in music and songs
- Sachet Tandon-Best Male Singer for Maiyya Mainu (Jersey)
- Neeti Mohan-Best Female Singer for Meri Jaan (Gangubai Kathiawadi)
- Hariharan-Outstanding Contribution in the Music Industry
Winners in web series and TV series
- Rudra: The Edge of Darkness-Best Web Series
- Anupama-TV Series of the Year
- Zain Imam-Best Actor in a TV Series (Fanaa-Ishq Mein Marjawaan)
- Tejasswi Prakash-Best Actress in a TV Series (Naagin)
Also Read: Golden Globes 2023: The Fabelmans, House of the Dragon and RRR Gains Spotlight