INDIA. Mumbai: As part of its efforts to fight terrorism, the Indian Government has declared 18 persons, including members of the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), as designated terrorists under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967 (UAPA).
As per an official communication issued on 27 October by the Press Information Bureau (PIB), these terrorists were added to the Central Government list of four persons designated as terrorists in September 2019 and nine persons designated as terrorists in July 2020.
UAPA was amended in August 2019 to include the designating an individual as a terrorist. Before this amendment, only organizations could be designated as terrorist affiliated. Reinforcing the commitment of strengthening national security and its policy of zero tolerance to terrorism, the Narendra Modi government has declared eighteen individuals as designated terrorists, under the provisions of the UAPA, and have included their names in the Fourth Schedule of the Act, the PIB release stated.
The persons declared as terrorists are:
- Sajid Mir @ Sajid Majeed @ Ibrahim Shah @ Wasi @ Khali @ Muhammad Waseem (Pakistan based top LeT Commander and one of the main planners of the 26 November 2008, Mumbai terror attack)
- Yusuf Muzammil @ Ahmad Bhai @ Yousuf Muzammil Butt @ Hurreira Bhai (Pakistan based Commander of LeT operations in Jammu & Kashmir and accused in the same Mumbai attack)
- Abdur Rehman Makki @ Abdul Rehman Makki (Brother-in-law of Hafiz Saeed, Chief LeT and Head of LeT political affairs and served as Head of LeT’s foreign relations department)
- Shahid Mehmood @ Shahid Mehmood Rehmatullah (Pakistan based Deputy Chief of proscribed organization Falah-i-lnsaniyat Foundation (FIF), a frontal organization of terror organization Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT)
- Farhatullah Ghori @ Abu Sufiyan @ Sardar Sahab @ Faru (Pakistan based terrorist and was involved in an attack on Akshardham Temple (2002) and Suicide attack on Task Force office in Hyderabad (2005)
- Abdul Rauf Asghar @ Mufti @ Mufti Asghar @ Saad baba @ Maulana Mufti Rauf Asghar (Pakistan based terrorist, involved in Setting up of training camps in Pakistan for recruitment and militant training and Key conspirator in the terrorist attack ,31 December 2001, on the Indian Parliament House, New Delhi)
- Ibrahim Athar @ Ahmed Ali Mohd. Ali Shaikh @ JavedAmjad Siddiqui @ A.A. Shaikh@ Chief (Pakistan based terrorist, involved in the hijacking of the Indian Airlines Flight No. lC-814 on 24 December 1999, Kandhar hijacking case, and also the key conspirator in the Indian Parliament terrorist attack 13 December 2001)
- Yusuf Azhar @ Azhar Yusuf @ Mohd. Salim (Pakistan based terrorist, involved in the hijacking of the Indian Airlines Flight No. lC-814 on 24 December 1999, Kandhar hijacking case
- Shahid Latif @ Chota Shahid Bhai @ Noor Al-Din (Pakistan based terrorist and JeM’s Commander of Sialkot sector, involved in the launching of JeM terrorists into India. He is also involved in planning, facilitation, and execution of terror attacks in India)
- Syed Mohammad Yusuf Shah @ Syed Salahudeen @ Peer Sahab @ Buzurg (Pakistan based, Supreme Commander of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen and Chairman, United Jihad Council (UJC) Involved in fundraising and routing finances to India for the furtherance of terrorist activities by HM cadres)
- Ghulam Nabi Khan @ Amir Khan @ Saifullah Khalid @ Khalid Saifullah @ Jawaad @ Daand (Pakistan based, Deputy Supreme of Hizbul Mujahideen (HM)
- Zaffar Hussain Bhat @ Khursheed @ Mohd. Zafar Khan @ Moulvi @ Khursheed Ibrahim (Pakistan based, Dy. Chief, Hizbul Mujahideen, and also handles financial affairs of Hizbul Mujahideen. Responsible for sending funds for HM operatives in the Kashmir Valley)
- Riyaz Ismail Shahbandri @ Shah Riyaz Ahmed @ Riyaz Bhatkal @ Md. Riyaz @ Ahmed Bhai @ Rasool Khan @ Roshan Khan @ Aziz (Pakistan-based, founder/member of Indian Mujahideen (IM). Involved in various terrorist acts in India including German Bakery (2010), Chinnaswami Stadium, Bangalore (2010), Jama Masjid (2010), Sheetlaghat (2010), and Mumbai (2011), etc.
- Md. Iqbal @ Shabandri Mohammed Iqbal @ Iqbal Bhatkal-Pakistan based (Co-founder of IM. Involved in terror financing and various terrorist acts including Jaipur Serial Blasts (2008), Delhi Serial Blasts (2008), Serial Blasts of Ahmedabad, and Surat (2008), German Bakery Blast, Pune of (2010) and Chinnaswami Stadium, Bengaluru Blasts (2010), etc.
- Shaikh Shakeel @ Chhota Shakeel (Pakistan based Associates of Dawood Ibrahim, looks after all criminal and underworld operations of Dawood Ibrahim. Finances D-Company operatives of India. Involved in the smuggling of firearms to Gujarat, 1993)
- Mohammad Anis Shaikh (Pakistan based terrorist, involved in Bombay Bomb Blast Case, 1993 and responsible for the supply of arms, ammunition, and hand grenades)
- Ibrahim Memon @ Tiger Memon @ Mushtaq @ Sikander @ Ibrahim Abdul Razak Memon @ Mustafa @ Ismail (Pakistan based terrorist, hatched the criminal conspiracy of the Mumbai Bomb Blast Case 12 March 1993)
- Javed Chikna @ Javed Dawood Tailor-Pakistan-based Associate of Dawood Ibrahim Kaskar, involved in the Mumbai Bomb Blast Case
These individuals are involved in various acts of terrorism from across the border and have been relentless in their nefarious efforts of destabilizing the country, the release stated.