28.1 C
Madrid
Monday, October 3, 2022

UP Government Vows To Boost Infrastructure in Muslim Dominated Areas

"The Center is funding 60% of the projects' costs, and the state government is providing the remaining 40%," Danish Ansari said

Must read

Sadaf Hasan
Sadaf Hasan
Aspiring reporter covering trending topics

INDIA. Uttar Pradesh: The Yogi Adityanath government’s revised strategy or the influence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s demand for Pasmanda (Dalit and backward) Muslim outreach, the state government has picked Muslim-dominated localities and blocks to focus on infrastructural development.

The BJP and Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath are the party’s torchbearers for Hindutva, therefore the party’s decision to concentrate infrastructure development efforts in minority-dominated districts is seen as a significant shift in direction.

- Advertisement -

The department is concentrating on infrastructure development in minority-dominated areas, according to Danish Ansari, a junior minister for minority welfare who made headlines for undertaking a census to filter out unlawful madrassas. He claimed that the project’s budget of Rs 53.73 crore had been mutually set aside by the central and state governments.

A total of 14 projects in the same number of locations have been started. A 200-bed girls’ hostel and a multipurpose conference room will be built at the Government Girls Intermediate College in Ghazipur as part of the projects. Similar to this, the government-run girls’ intermediate college in Patthadeva in Deoria will build a 100-bed ladies’ hostel.

- Advertisement -

A government homoeopathy dispensary will be built in Rampur district’s Swar region, where the minority population is over 50%, among other projects.

Despite vigorous campaigning from Mohd Azam Khan, the district’s most well-known leader, BJP won the Rampur Lok Sabha by-elections. The outcome has encouraged the BJP think tank that now is the ideal moment to engage with Muslims.

- Advertisement -

In light of the outcomes of the byelections in the Muslim-majority districts of Rampur and Azamgarh, as well as the assembly elections in Telangana scheduled for next year, BJP leaders claimed that Prime Minister Narendra Modi may have placed more emphasis on fostering confidence among Pasmanda Muslims.

Other UP initiatives include the development of a government-run homoeopathy clinic in Hapur, a multipurpose hall in Amroha, a 100-bed working women’s hostel in Bulandshahar, a 50-bed working women’s hostel at Gangoh in Saharanpur, and more classrooms at an industrial institute in Basti.

When discussing the budget, Ansari said that the first instalment had been received and that additional funding would be approved as the projects moved forward. “The Center is funding 60% of the projects’ costs, and the state government is providing the remaining 40%,” he continued.

Soon, job fairs will be held in all 19 of the state’s divisions with a Muslim majority. Through these events, it is hoped to employ as many Muslims as possible. In a few days, Ansari said, “the job fairs’ final timetable will be drawn out.”

Also Read: 75th Year of Independence: Yogi Government Declares No Holiday in UP

Author

- Advertisement -

Archives

- Advertisement -

Trending Today