11.8 C
Madrid
Thursday, December 8, 2022

Mumbai Airport Records 1.30 Lakh Passengers on Single Day

The highest ever passenger movement post COVID-19 pandemic

Must read

Raju Vernekar
Raju Vernekar
Raju Vermekar is a senior Mumbai-based journalist who have worked with many daily newspapers. Raju contributes on versatile topics.

INDIA. Mumbai: Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (CSMIA), one of the world’s busiest single runway airports, handled a passenger movement of 1,30,374 on September 17, the highest since the COVID-19 pandemic.

“Nearly 95,080 passengers travelled through Terminal II (T2), and 35,294 were witnessed travelling through Terminal I (T1) with 839 total flight movements on this day,” CSMIA said in a statement.

- Advertisement -

IndiGo, Air India, and Emirates were among the top 3 for international routes. Similarly, IndiGo, Vistara, and Go First catered to the highest passenger traffic on domestic routes.

While Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Singapore were among the top 3 international routes with maximum air traffic, on the domestic front, Delhi, Bengaluru, and Chennai were the top destinations, the CSMIA statement said. Adding to the weekend rush, CSMIA witnessed over 1.3 lakh footfall on September 18.

- Advertisement -

“On September 17, a record 1.3 lakh+ passengers travelled through our #GatewayToGoodness. This is the highest passenger movement since the onset of the pandemic. The weekend, in total, recorded a staggering 2.6 lakh+ passenger movement. The team at #MumbaiAirport continues to create a safe, secure, and efficient air hub for our dear passengers,” the CSMIA stated. 

Traffic growth was attributed to newer destinations, increasing flight movements, and also an increase in airline capacity.

- Advertisement -

CSMIA is managed by Adani Airport Holdings Limited (AAHL), a subsidiary of Adani Enterprises, the flagship company of the globally diversified Adani Group. 

AAHL, which owns a 74% majority ownership in the Mumbai International Airport Limited (MIAL), and the Airports Authority of India (AAI), which owns the remaining 26%, are partners in this Public-Private Partnership (PPP) project.

The groups demonstrated expertise in creating and operating sophisticated transportation and logistics hubs, AAHL seeks to connect the largest cities in India using a hub-and-spoke model.

With a strong understanding of modern-day mobility requirements, the Adani Group’s vision for CSMIA is to reinvent Mumbai International Airport as India’s biggest aerotropolis, where the traditional airport nucleus of passenger and cargo infrastructure will be reinforced by interdependent clusters of commercial and residential infrastructure to create the nation’s busiest airport ecosystem. 

“At Mumbai International Airport Limited, we intend to create distinctiveness with an experiential offering that puts Mumbai first,” the statement said. 

Also Read: Gold Worth Rs 5.4 Crore Seized from a Sudanese Passenger at Mumbai Airport

Author

  • Raju Vernekar

    Raju Vermekar is a senior Mumbai-based journalist who have worked with many daily newspapers. Raju contributes on versatile topics.

- Advertisement -

Archives

- Advertisement -

Trending Today