INDIA: The universe is home to around 100 million stars and the colony/group of stars is referred to as a Nakshatra (Asterism). Nakshatra is the term for the lunar mansion in Hindu astrology and Indian Astronomy.
In Sanskrit, a Nakshatra is defined as, “Na Ksharati Tata Nakshatra,” meaning, “that which does not leave its original place or is fixed in the sky.” Based on the way these Nakshatras impact our planet Earth, it is said to give a certain fruit/benefit (Phala) for every action of life on this planet. Each Nakshatra is also dominated by a specific planetary lord.
This helps to understand the nature and personality of human beings born in a particular Nakshatra.
As per Phala Jyotish (Vedic astrology), there are 27 Nakshatras based on the placement of the moon in one of the 12 rashis. Considering a 360-degree platform, it is divided into 12 rashis (30 degrees each) consisting of approximately 2.25 nakshatras within each Rashi.
Read Also: Astrology: A Science Of Celestial Bodies For Future Prediction Of Events (Part I)
However, in Rigveda, they also consider the Sun as a Nakshatra.
The difference between astronomy and astrology
While astronomy is pure science, astrology, unlike astronomy is only a predictive science. This does not mean that the ‘human spirit’ has to surrender to fate and believe that his life’s chart is already decided, and he/she has very little in their respective controls to change their destiny or peculiar situation.
In fact, it is more of an ‘indicative science’. If corroborated properly and perfectly, it can guide and direct an individual from unwarranted pitfalls or obtain gains on the path of life. Astrology is, therefore, to be considered as a ‘forewarning to a particular character or personality trait’ and not as an absolute certainty.
General mindset, nature, characteristic of individuals born in a particular asterisms
Based on moon signs, we will discuss the mindset or general nature or characteristics of individuals belonging to these asterisms in this article. The 27 Nakshatras (asterisms) and their English names are also described for a western mind to comprehend the structure as laid down in Vedic astrology.
In Vedic astrology, it is necessary to evaluate, in which nakshatra the moon is placed in an individual’s birth chart. The Nakshatra is in a particular longitude at the time of birth, and it is necessary to evaluate this aspect to get a correct picture of their dominance on the individual’s Birthchart thereby defining, the personality traits and his/her other characteristics. These are enumerated with Rashi, and Planet Lords of the Nakshatra:-
- Ashwini[Beta Arietis]- Mesh Rashi, Ketu, good looking with good fortune. Usually sharp-witted, unperturbed but a lovable person.
- Bharani[35 Arietis]- Mesh, Shukr, observes good health and is intellectual and truthful, follows strict principles, is scientific, and lives a wealthy life.
- Krittika[Eta Tauri] – Mesh and Vrushba Rashi, Sun, stingy and usually commit sins. Mostly hungry and restless, but become famous in high circles.
- Rohini[Aldebaran]- Vrushab, Moon, wealthy, smart and intelligent, respected by powerful people, speaking sweet, kind words, and good looking.
- Mrigashirsha[Lambda Orionis]- Vrushabh and Mithun, Mangal, patient and secretive, can be selfish and egoistic.
- Ardra[Alpha Orionis]- Mithun, Rahu, doesn’t acknowledge the help and favors given by others and may be deprived of wealth and prosperity because of arrogance.
- Punarvasu[Beta Geminorum]- Mithun, Kark, Brahaspati(Guru), calm nature, happy-go-lucky, very loved, and is very friendly.
- Pushya[Delta Caneri]- Kark Rashi, Shani, connected with prayer, religion, and good deeds. similar to saints(pandits). contented and happy nature.
- Ashlesha[Alpha Hydroe]- Kark, Buddha, loves to eat a lot and usually performs evil deeds.
- Magha[Regulus]-Simha, Ketu, is rich and has many servants, either have businesses or indulge in civil services.
- Poorva Phalguni[Delta Leonis]- Simha, Shukra, pursues wealth and education, strong personalities, attractive to women, happy people.
- Uttara Phalguni[Beta Leonis]- Simha and Kanya Rashi, Surya, strong and brave, speak well and are fighters.
- Hasta[Delta Corvi]- Kanya, Moon, sweet-spoken, stern behavior and loves to indulge in alcohol, deprived of many friends and foe.
- Chitra[Spica Virgins]- Kanya and Tula, Mangal, usually happy and always possess sufficient wealth.
- Swati[Arcturus]- Tula, Rahu, very smart and religious, maybe a little stingy.
- Vishakha[Alpha Libroe]- Tula, Vrishcik, Brihaspati(Guru), greedy, very affable to others, can be rigid by heart and quarrelsome.
- Anuradha[Delta Scorpio]- Vrishik, Shani, helpful nature, living in a foreign country, headstrong, successful.
- Jyeshtha[Antares]- Vrishik, Buddha, has many friends, usually leads or shines in any field they choose.
- Moola[Lambda Scorpii]- Dhanu, Ketu, lead a happy life and are wealthy, can be violent and very strong thus overpowering the ones around them.
- Poorva Ashada[Delta Sagittari]- Dhanu, Shukra, has very good fortune and does not think twice before doing good for others.
- Uttara Ashada[Sigma Sagittari]- Dhanu and Makar, Surya, friendly and can be of large physique, jolly and humorous.
- Shravana[Alpha Aquiloe]- Makar, Moon, good looking, gives respect to others and are most pampered in their family, follows moral values.
- Dhanishtha[Beta Delphinum]- Makar and Kumbh, Mangal, loves music may rule over/dominate many others.
- Shata Taraka [Lambda Aquarius]-Kumbh, Rahu, miserly, very rich but very stingy, may have extramarital affairs and often work abroad.
- Poorva Bhadrapada[Alpha Pegasi]-Kumbh, Meen, Brihaspati(Guru), happy, attached to children, loves to sleep.
- Uttara Bhadrapada[Gama Pegasi]-Meena Rashi, Shani, fair, patient and possess knowledge of dharma.
- Revati[Zeta Piscum]-Meena, Buddha, an all-rounder with good values, good health, prospers in the job.
- Abhijit[Alpha Lurei]- Simha, Chandra nakshatra, very strong mind, speaks well, emotional, good with planning and intellectual, very auspicious nakshatra and considered as victorious for any good beginning. (not used in predictions).
Comments are closed.