15.3 C
Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Indian Army Begins Training for Agniveers under the Agnipath Scheme

The training of Agniveer Pioneer Batch starts at ACCS, Ahmednagar

Must read

Raju Vernekar
Raju Vernekar
Raju Vermekar is a senior Mumbai-based journalist who have worked with many daily newspapers. Raju contributes on versatile topics.

INDIA. Mumbai: The Armoured Corps Centre and School, located at Ahmednagar in Western Maharashtra, has begun training Agniveers as part of an all-India training program under the new Agnipath scheme this month.

The training under the Agnipath scheme includes intensive scenario-based practical training and will focus on areas such as physical training, drill, marksmanship, and common military knowledge. Besides tactical acumen, unarmed combat, and situational awareness are part of basic military training, which will be followed by advanced military training in their respective trades.

- Advertisement -

“After successful completion of the training, the Agniveers will be attested as young soldiers and will join various regiments of the Armoured Corps to serve the nation,” an Indian Army statement read.

The Agnipath Scheme was launched last year in June. Now, for the next six months, those who underwent intense trials and tests will have to undergo rigorous training.

- Advertisement -

The recruitment process for the first batch of ‘Agniveers’ is almost complete, and those recruited have reported to different regimental centres of the army between December 25 and December 31, 2022. The training has started in all regimental and training centres. Women have also been included in the first batch of ‘Agniveers’ at the Corps of Military Police (CMP) in Bengaluru (Karnataka) for training.

Training centres

The regimental centres where the training of the first batch of Agniveers has begun include the Armoured Corps Training Center in Ahmednagar, Artillery Training Center in Nashik, and the Guards Regimental Center in Nagpur, Nagpur-Maharashtra. Artillery Training Centre, Hyderabad (Telangana), Jakrif Regimental Centre, Jabalpur, One STC. 

- Advertisement -

Jabalpur-Madhya Pradesh, Corps of Military Police, Bengaluru (Karnataka) – for women Agniveers. Ramgarh Regimental Centre and Sikh Regimental Centre, Jharkhand; Danapur Regimental Centre, Bihar; Ranikhet Regimental Centre, Uttarakhand; and Two STC, Goa.


The soldiers recruited under this Agneepath scheme will be known as Agniveers. They will join the army for four years. The review will be done after four years of service. Following the review, only 25% of them will be able to continue serving in the army, while the remaining 75% will be retired. 

The Agniveers serving the army for four years will be called soldiers, and their rank will be Lance Naik, Naik, Havaldar, etc. like common soldiers. Besides the Army, 3000 Agniveers will be recruited in the Air Force and Navy.

Also Read: Bihar Police Arrested the Top Maoist Behind the ‘Agnipath’ Protest


  • Raju Vernekar

    Raju Vermekar is a senior Mumbai-based journalist who have worked with many daily newspapers. Raju contributes on versatile topics.

- Advertisement -


- Advertisement -

Trending Today